University of Huelva
The University of Huelva was founded in 1993 by popular demand. Since then its aim has been to provide quality teaching and research, as well as promoting economic, environmental and cultural developments in the city and province. We are an international university that is committed to the region and to the city. Close links have been forged with local businesses, whereby students are offered work placements in order to facilitate their incorporation into the work force.
The research conducted by the University has a strong impact and directly benefits our community. Our staff is comprised of approximately one thousand lecturers and more than four hundred administrative and support staff. Almost 12.000 students attend the University of Huelva including about 2000 carrying out postgraduate studies. Our unique environment combines with these features make Huelva a distinctive university and a special place to be a student. About 15% of all of its students are international students, mostly from Europe but also from places like China, Russia and specially, from South American countries.
We are a young, dynamic, open, friendly, supportive and accessible university. Our priorities are quality in teaching and in research in order to keep ahead. A great little college, whose Campus of International Excellence is internationally recognized. Ranked in the first 50 European universities proportionately receiving most Erasmus exchange students. We have numerous scholarships and exchange programs with universities in Europe, Latin America, USA, Canada, Japan and China through which our students and teaching staff complete their training and / or experience abroad.
Some key facts about our University:
- More than 75 hectares and 140,000 m2 spread over 4 university Campuses.
- Classes in small groups.
- Campus of International Excellence.
- Approximately 90 research groups.
- Language courses of Spanish, English, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Chinese and Japanese, with the possibility of obtaining English Language Certificate issued by Cambridge and British Council.
- Wide range of cultural and sports activities.
- Placements for students and graduates.
- Placement and counseling agency for self-employment.
- Attention to Special Needs staff and students.
- Wi-Fi on all campuses. Moodle. Technological desks in classrooms.
We are proud to offer a varied and high quality teaching offer. Right now we offer 36 degrees and 36 masters comprised by hundreds of subjects lectured in Spanish and foreign languages.
Campus El Carmen map